If you have been wanting to master the top knot then these 5 perfect half-up top knot tutorials are for you! The half-up top knot works well on almost all hair lengths, looks great and is a super practical hairstyle. Really there isn’t anything not to love about the half-up top knot!
To make the perfect half-up top knot these are the basic steps:
1) Gather the top section of your hair and pull this section up as high as you want your bun to be.
2) Start to make a bun and tie it using a hair tie.
3) Using your fingers loosen the bun and hair from the tied up section.
4) Secure the bun with bobby pins so it stays in place.
6) Spray a small amount of hairspray.
As you will see not every half-up top knot is the same! We love it simple AND every other way, especially the braided version. Check out 5 of the best half-up top knot tutorials around featured below.
5 Perfect Half-Up Top Knot Tutorials
1. Short Hair Straight or Wavy Half Top Knot
The DIY Playbook steps us through the process of creating this half-up top knot and gives the option of keeping the hair straight or wavy. We love this top-know for a lovely polished look.
2. Long Straight Top Knot Bun
This top-knot half up bun looks ultra sleek! Click here to read the full tutorial.
3. Knotted Low Half-Up Top Knot
This top-knot style from Treasures And Travels Blog sit slightly lower and doesn’t require a hair tie. This is a great everyday look.
4. Easy Half Braid Top Knot
Up the wow factor by adding in a braid to your half-up top knot hairstyle! It really is that easy to do. Follow this link to read the full tutorial.
5. Long Curly Messy Half Top Knot
A fantastic tutorial for all of the long curly haired beauties. The Nosh Life Blog shows us how to create a messy half-up top knot the easy way.