Fly away with one of these fun 6 Hot Air Balloon Crafts. Make a craft for Hot Air Balloon Day on June 5 or simply because hot air balloons are beautiful and fun! We have found a range of fantastic hot air balloon crafts to suit all ages that are sure to inspire. Many of these crafts use recycled materials which means that they are a low-cost and more sustainable craft option. So grab the needed resources and start creating your own stunning hot air balloon!
If you are wanting to extend on these crafts then be sure to have a look at our recommended reading list below.
6 Hot Air Balloon Crafts
This post contains affiliate links. These links add no cost to you but mean that we earn a commission that goes towards the ongoing running costs of diyThought. Thank you for your support!
1. Textured Hot Air Balloon Sensory Craft
This textured hot air balloon craft is great for fine motor practice! Kids will create a sensory art project filled with feathers, glitter, paint, and so on. A very fun craft project by Artsy Momma.
2. Quilled Hot Air Balloon Craft
This quilled hot air balloon craft is simple to make when you follow the step-by-step instructions over at Easy Crafts For Kids. Such fun to make and this method produces such a professional-looking card.
3. Fabric & Mod Podge Hot Air Balloon
Learn how to make DIY hot air balloons out of paper lanterns! You’ll also need fabric and Mod Podge. These are pretty easy to make. Head over to Mod Podge Rocks to find out more.
4. Fingerprint Heart Hot Air Balloon
Not just for Valentine’s Day, this cute Hot air balloon mailbox craft for kids is the perfect way to spread some love year-round. Visit Easy Crafts For Kids to find out how to make this fun hot air balloon which is finished with some adorable fingerprint hearts.
5. Newspaper Hot Air Balloon Art
This newspaper hot air balloon art project is fun for kids of all ages. The results will always look great and this is a very low-cost art project thanks to the recycled newspaper and brown bag. Use the free printable to get the perfect hot air balloon shape. Follow this link to read the full tutorial.
6. Nature Art Hot Air Balloon
Gather nature supplies to make this stunning hot air balloon. Made from a recycled cardboard base and egg carton this is a fun recycled craft that kids are sure to love! We love the purples and reds used in the pictured craft but it would look equally as good in other color combinations. This amazing hot air balloon craft was made by Crearie_recyclednature. Make sure to check out the Instagram account for other inspiring nature and upcycled crafts.
Recommended Reading List
Continue with the hot air balloon fun with these amazing books that are all related to hot air balloons!
- The World Needs Who You Were Made to Be– In the #1 New York Times bestseller The World Needs Who You Were Made to Be, Joanna Gaines and illustrator Julianna Swaney celebrate how creativity and acceptance can come together to make for a bright and beautiful adventure. The book follows a group of children as they each build their very own hot-air balloons. As the kids work together, leaning into their own skills and processes, to fill the sky with beautiful colors, we discover that the same is true for life–it’s more beautiful and vibrant when our differences are celebrated.
- Hot Air: The (Mostly) True Story of the First Hot-Air Balloon Ride– The first “manned” hot-air balloon is about to take off! But what are those noises coming from the basket? Based on the (POSSIBLY) true report of a day in 1783, this is the story of (PERHAPS) the bravest collection of flyers the world has ever seen, as (SORT OF) told to Marjorie Priceman.
- And Away We Go!– Mr. Fox is going to the moon! Away he goes in his hot air balloon. . . . But wait! Can Elephant come too? Sure! Let’s bring along some pizza. What about Giraffe? And Squirrel? Everyone is welcome in Mr. Fox’s balloon, but look out—will everyone fit?
Other Fun Crafts To Try
- Recycled Cardboard & Magazine Star Wands
- Toilet Roll & Milk Jug Bee
- Newspaper/ Magazine Shape Penguins
- Magazine Collage Umbrella
Thank you for stopping by. We hope you found a fun hot air balloon craft to make from this round-up today!