The Holidays are getting closer and closer – this means it’s time to start preparing. There are many things to think of, from decorations to gifts, and we all know that time is passing so much faster right before the Christmas holidays. But these easy DIY holiday coasters are not only easy to make but it solves two problems with one solution, and who wouldn’t want that?
You can make these holiday coasters by following the steps in the guide and you can use the finished product as a holiday decoration or you can gift it away too. It’s not only a nice and practical decor piece but because it’s hand-made, it’s much more meaningful, which is always a bonus point when it comes to gifts.
Easy DIY Holiday Coasters
These coasters are super easy to make and only require a few materials.
You Will Need
- Hot glue gun
- 6mm dia. jute rope (8 m)
- Gold acrylic paint
- A brush
- Masking tape
- Put some Christmas music on and prepare your supplies.
- Start wrapping the rope around itself and secure it with hot glue.
- Continue until you reach the desired size for the coaster, then secure the end.
- In order to have a neat pattern, stick some masking tape to the coaster and leave out the side that you want to paint.
- Paint the patch you left out with gold acrylic paint. Don’t use water.
- After the first coat dried, apply a second coat of paint.
- Once the second coat of paint has dried, peel off the masking tape.
- Enjoy your festive coasters or gift them away for Christmas.
You May Also Enjoy
- DIY Cactus Cat Scratching Post
- Jigglemawiggles Thrifty Christmas Home Inspiration
- DIY Reindeer Christmas Mason Jars
- 30+ Ultimate DIY Christmas Teacher Gifts
Timi is not just a craftsperson but she lives for the festive season. This time she teamed up with Buy Rope for the Holidays to bring you the perfect, quick, and festive DIY project.