Paper snowflakes are stunning and so easy to make. With this tutorial today you can learn how to make your own paper snowflakes! They are super quick and easy to make once and very satisfying you have the technique down. This is a written and picture tutorial to show you each stage of how to fold and cut the paper to create the paper snowflakes. So find some paper, grab some scissors and get busy creating your own amazing paper snowflakes.
How To Make Paper Snowflakes
This post contains affiliate links. These links add no cost to you but we earn a commission through linked sales which goes towards the running of diyThought. Thank you for your support!
There are a few great things about these paper snowflakes. Firstly this is a great craft all age craft, especially once kids develop good scissor control. Even when our girls were toddlers they loved watching me make these snowflakes and instructing me what color paper to use and what shapes to cut in the paper and where. They are quick and easy to make and are exciting to open to see what design has been created.
Secondly, all you need to make paper snowflakes is paper and scissors! While using origami squares of paper makes them even faster to make regular printer paper or even old magazine pages work just as well. All you need to do is to cut the paper into a square shape first and we show you a super easy and failproof way to do that below.
Finally, paper snowflakes can be used for all sorts of different crafts and activities. We have used them to make these Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Trees as well as these DIY Paper And Pipe Cleaner Flowers. Our paper snowflakes have been put up on the window to make a fun Christmas display and they would look amazing glued onto cardstock and made into gift cards. We would love to hear how you use your paper snowflakes so be sure to leave us a comment below!
Let’s Get Creating
- Using an A4 piece of paper fold the corner all the way to the other side of the paper to form a large triangle. Cut off the bottom unused part of the paper. Or use some square oragami paper to skip this step and fold in half to form a triangle! You can make different sizes by using different sized squares of paper.
- You will now be left with your folded triangle.
- Now fold this triangle in half again.
- With the point pointing down fold one upper point about 2/3 across.
- Fold the other point over the top. Both sides should be equally folded. If not unfold and adjust.
- Cut the two pointed ends off in a design you like. This can be straight across, rounded or triangular, anything will look lovely. Also cut a small design at the other pointed end. This will be the center of the snowflake.
- Now cut out any pattern you like from the sides. Make sure you leave some of both sides intact! For use with this Christmas tree craft, it is ideal to cut quite a bit of the paper away so plenty of the tree base will show through.
Other Crafts To Try
- Cocoa Playdough & DIY Stamps
- Newspaper Stuffed Fish Craft
- Toilet Roll & Milk Jug Bee
- Easy Origami Chick
Thank you for stopping by. We hope you enjoyed learning how to make paper snowflakes today!