There is something so relaxing about sitting around an outdoor fire pit. They are amazingly simple to make when you know how so to help you on your way we have compiled this list of tips and tutorials on how to build an outdoor fire pit. Have a read before starting on your fire pit and you are sure to be relaxing around one with your friends before you know it!
How To Build An Outdoor Fire Pit
Before you start your fire pit you need to decide on a few simple things.
- Where are you going to put the fire pit? This will need to be an open area where you want to hang out.
- What do you want your fire pit to look like? Shape, size and style.
- Check building codes in your neighborhood to get up to speed on proper specs and regulations.
- Make a list of the tools and supplies needed to construct your fire pit.
- The area where the fire pit is going to go will need to be prepared, clear out weeds, rocks and make sure the ground is flat and smooth.
DIY Fire Pits
1. Basic Firepit
Proving that it doesn’t have to cost much to build a hot fire pit. Using grey pavers this amazing firepit was built for under $60! Find out how it was done over at Keeping It Simple.
2. BBQ Fire Pit
This awesome fire pit has a Weber BBQ grill as the centerpiece of the fire pit. Tree rings are used which means it takes next to no time to build. Click here to get the full tutorial.
3. Repurposed Washing Machine Drum Fire Pit
Transform an old washing machine drum into a super stylish fire pit. Follow this link to read the full tutorial.
4. Fire Pit Ring Fire Pit
A Beautiful Mess provides this straight forward, easy to follow tutorial on how to build this stylish fire pit. The fire pit uses a fire pit ring which really completes the look.
5. Concrete Fire Pit
This square fire pit is made with a base of cinder blocks which have been skim coated to give it a solid concrete look. The results are modern and stylish. Visit Oh The Potential to find out more.