This Rhubarb Strawberry and Almond Muffins recipe is one that you need to try! Rhubarb strawberry and almond muffins are a delight and have the perfect balance of flavor. The tartness of rhubarb is the perfect match for the sweetness of strawberry and the almonds take these muffins to a whole new level of amazing! They are very quick and simple to make making them the perfect addition to your muffin recipe collection.
Rhubarb Strawberry And Almond Muffins
For the topping:
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice bran oil (or your favorite baking oil)
For the muffins:
- 2 cups flour (I use a gluten-free blend but any flour will work well)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup rice bran oil (or other oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped rhubarb
- 1/4- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cases.
- Stir all of the topping ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, stir together milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Pour the milk mixture into the bowl with the flour mixture and stir just until blended, being careful not to overmix.
- Carefully fold in the strawberries, rhubarb, and nuts.
- Divide the mixture into the lined muffin cups. The cups should be full, but not overflowing. Sprinkle the tops with the oat topping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the muffins are lightly browned on the tops and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before removing from tins.