My girls love picking the lavender in the garden from our house. So much so that we often have lavender in a vase in our living room. The other day while we were out picking lavender we decided for a change could make something with it. Something ultra relaxing, a Homemade Lavender & Oat Bath Soak!
After some research online I decided to adapt this recipe to suit our needs.
This lavender & oat bath soak contains ingredients you possibly will have in your pantry already at home; lavender, oats, baking soda, and lavender essential oil. As well as the amazing scent lavender adds to the bath soak, lavender is also great for aching muscles, relaxation, stress relief. Oatmeal is ultra moisturizing and a very gentle cleanser suitable for even the most sensitive skin. Soaking in baking soda can help soften the skin and promote healing and baking soda has even been proven to help the irritation caused by yeast infections, hemorrhoids and other similar ailments.
Diy Lavender & Oat Bath Soak
- 4 cups plain old fashioned oats
- 3-4 tablespoons broken up lavender buds
- 1 cup baking soda
- A few drops of lavender essential oil.
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and process until very fine, only add a few drops of the essential oil.
- Smell to make sure you are happy with the strength of smell, if not add a few more drops of the essential oil.
- Pour bath soak into a jar and store in a cool, dry place.
Add a cup of your lavender & oat bath soak to a warm bath and gently stir. If you do not like having a bath with floating pieces of lavender and oats you can put the soak into a stocking or sock and tie before adding to the bath.