Today we have been focusing on the letter K and how to draw a koala & kiwi. Not only do we have a quick and easy picture tutorial showing how we like to draw these unique but we also have some fun letter K colouring sheets. We have all of your letter K activities sorted today!
These drawings go along with our Recycled Frame Craft. This is a fun craft where we made frames from an old box and drew pictures to go in them. No matter what you are wanting your koala or kiwi to go with it doesn’t get much easier to draw these unique animals.
Along with our letter K printables we have also included some cool koala and kiwi facts so you can learn more about these interesting animals.
How To Draw A Koala & Kiwi
Now before we get started I want to point out that I am not an artist. If I can draw it then so can you! This is a great and easy way for people with minimal drawing skills to draw a kiwi or koala. We have added a pdf link for anyone wanting to print these drawing tutorials or to save them for later.
Draw A Kiwi
To draw a kiwi start with two circles as in 1. The smaller head circle has a small c shape cut out from the side, this is where the beak will go. Join the circles up. Add on a U shape to the bottom of the large circle, this is part of the kiwi’s leg. Now add a beak, eyes and other leg and feet.
Draw A Koala
Start with the head bu drawing a circle. Add ears to the top side of the head. Now draw on the facial parts, circles for the eyes and nose, and lines for the eyebrows and mouth. Draw the body and then add the tree. Colour in the nose and eyes and thicken the mouth and eyebrow lines.
Print & Colour Worksheets
Print out and colour these fun worksheets below. Totally free for you to print! K is for kiwi and K is for koala.
Fun Koala and Kiwi Facts
- Koalas are marsupials not bears even though they are often called koala bears.
- Koalas are native to Australia.
- They eat gum leaves which are usually toxic to other animals.
- Koalas are nocturnal which means that they are mainly active at night.
- A newborn koala is only the size of a jelly bean.
- Kiwis are nocturnal birds.
- A kiwi is about the size of a chicken.
- Kiwis are found only in New Zealand.
- Kiwis are the only birds that have nostrils on the tips of their beaks.
- These lovely birds can not fly.
Remember to check out our recycled box frame craft to make an awesome frame to display your new drawing in!