These trending homemade items to sell in 2019 are a great place to start if you are looking for the next hot thing to make and sell this year. Yes, we are heading towards the end of the year but don’t let that stop you from creating a new amazing product to sell! Sell your crafts at your local market, Etsy store or in a trendy boutique. There are many hot items that people are wanting to buy the trick is figuring out what suits you and your brand best.
It is always important to make and sell items that bring out your true passion but why not channel that passion into an item that will be easy to sell and well sort after. For example, if you love sewing toys, then try branching out to include a llama toy. You need not start and entire llama line rather incorporate it to what you already do. No matter your brand style, there are ways to reflect popular style and hot product trends in your work. First, you need to find out what’s hot today.
We spend HOURS every day searching the internet for new and creative DIY and craft projects. Because of this, we see all sorts of trends coming and going. These trends are based off what we have observed as well as researched Etsy and Pinterest trends and by researching popular e-commerce products in 2019. We have provided lots of links so you can gather all of the inspiration you need before starting on your next crafting project and added a list of things to consider when deciding on what to make to sell.
Trending Homemade Items To Sell In 2019
For a while, now pressed flower art has been popular. Pressing your own flowers is easy to do or alternatively you can purchase a great range of already pressed flowers to suit the design you are wanting to create. We wrote this article on creating your own Glass Frame Pressed Flower Art which explains how to press your own flowers at home with minimal supplies.
This has now extended to jewelry. Combining resin and dried plants create interesting and stylish jewelry. We are loving this informative tutorial by Sustain My Craft Habit which explains how to create your own dried flower resin jewelry.
Llamas and Sloths
Move over unicorn the llama and sloth is here. Llamas and sloths have been around for a while now but they are still as popular as ever. Just head into any store and you are likely to see items featuring llamas and sloths. Our eldest daughter as llama everything! Pillows, stationery, jewelry, hair clips, toys, clothes you can find it featuring a llama. If you create anything child-related consider making a llama or sloth version. Don’t fear if you love the unicorn, they are still very popular and a safe choice to go with. We compiled this article on 10 Awesome Llama Crafts which will help provide some llama inspiration and 5 Teens & Adults Super Sloth Crafts for sloth inspo.
Sustainable Environmentally Friendly Products
People are caring about the environment which massively fantastic! This translates into products that people want to buy. Plastic wrap alternatives such as beeswax food wraps are popular items to buy as many people do not have the time to make their own. An extension of this is the reusable bag. With many places ditching the plastic people are discovering a new need for reusable shoppers.
Natural skincare using recyclable packaging is also hot right now. Natural deodorants and solid skincare bars. Check out 5 Homemade Solid Shampoo Bar Recipes and 5 Homemade Solid Lotion Bars for natural skincare ideas.
Polymer Clay Jewelry
Polymer clay gives a natural earthy look to handmade jewelry. An affordable, approachable, and uniquely malleable medium, it’s rapidly broadening horizons for new and experienced jewelry makers alike. There are so many possibilities when working with polymer clay. We are loving the work by Colour Work, a Melbourne based designer (pictured above). If you are interested in polymer clay head over to Jessama Tutorials to find out everything you need to know to get started using this craft medium.
The very functional belt bag is back! Yes, those bum bags or fanny packs of the 90’s. Not only for exercise these now are adding some serious style to a range of different outfits. They can be worn around the waist or crossbody are the perfect lightweight alternative to a regular handbag. We totally love this adorable belt bag from Kazkova Embroidery.
Create your own version with the guidance of this great tutorial by Closet Case Patterns. The options on this bag are just about endless. You can make it bigger or smaller, use an existing belt or make one from scratch, change the closure, add more pocket it is really up to you to customise this awesome belt bag!
People love their pets so make something unique to capture this market. Pet products are one of the top trending dropshipping niches of 2019. This niche is easy to make a unique and interesting product that will stand out. Click here to view our article on 5 Purrfect DIY Projects for Cat Lovers.
Points To Consider When Creating An Item To Sell
You have decided on the product that you are wanting to make to sell but there are still a few points to consider.
- Research: This covers all of our points below. Do a google, Etsy search and visit your local market. You want to make sure your product will sell, is eye-catching and different from other competing products and sussing out the competition is the best way to do that.
- Eye-Catching: Make sure that the product you have selected to sell is unique and eye-catching. It shouldn’t have a similar clone available. There really isn’t much point creating a product that has other identical competing items. Think about what you can do to make your items stand out.
- Not Readily Available In Stores: Again this comes down to research. Why would a person search out your particular product if they could go down the road and buy the exact same thing at a fraction of the price? You can create the same product but make sure you give them your own unique twist.
- Price Point: You must mark your product up to make it worth your time! There is no point spending house making something to sell for next to nothing. Likewise, you need to actually sell it! Research your product to see what similar items sell for don’t undersell yourself but price it at a similar level to other competing items.
- Avoid Disney: Disney and famous singers/ actors, and anything similar is best to be avoided. We are sure the last thing you want is fine for using trademark or copyright items. If you are interested in more information on this we have found this great article by Marketing Artfully that covers this in more detail.
This post contains affiliate links. These links add no cost to you but we earn a small commission through any linked sales which help with the running of the site. Thank you for your support!