There are lots of different play dough recipes out there but this one works well every time. It doesn’t require to many ingredients and is quick and easy to make! There really isn’t anything bad about this quick play dough recipe!
My girls love adding the dry ingredients and then watching me stir in the boiling water, seeing the color transform the dough. I then give them the dough for the final kneading process. I normally divide this recipe in half, making it in two bowls so we end out with two different colors.
Quick Play Dough
- Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl
- Add food coloring to the boiling water
- Add the water into the dry ingredients, a little at a time, stiring continuously until a dough forms
- Take it out of the bowl when cool and knead it for a couple of minutes until all of the stickiness has gone. If it remains a little sticky then add a touch more flour until just right.
- Add glitter and knead in. You may want to skip the glitter if you have a play dough eating little one!
You now have some lovely play dough which will keep the kids occupied for a good long time!
My girls are at the ages where they LOVE cut up straws and little wooden sticks (like these) to stick into the play dough. Add some googly eyes to extend the playtime fun!
Make sure you store your play dough in an airtight container to ensure it lasts for many play dough sessions.
For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links.