If you are looking for something that is super quick and easy to make and super yummy then this traditional honey rice bubble slice is for you. It contains only four ingredients and doesn’t require baking making it the perfect slice if you need to throw something together in a hurry.
Miss 6 had a bake sale today so we decided to make this traditional honey rice bubble slice. It took all of 5 min to make and she pretty much made it (with a little help) herself. This tastes just like the recipe my grandmother used to make. Often we would arrive at her home and this delicious slice would be waiting for us. It is hard to beat a traditional recipe like this one as it is easy to make, affordable and tastes great.
If you are wondering what rice bubbles are then you may know them by the name Rice Krispies or puffed rice. Let’s get to the recipe!
Traditional Honey Rice Bubble Slice
- 100g butter
- 100g white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey
- 4 cups of rice bubbles, to make this recipe gluten-free use GF rice bubbles
- Grease and line a slice tin.
- Melt the butter, sugar and honey in a large saucepan. Once melted bring to the boil, turn down heat and boil for 3 min while stirring.
- Take off the heat and stir in the rice bubbles. Mix well so all of the rice bubbles are coated but be careful not to crush them.
- Tip into the slice tin and gently press down with the back of a spoon. Leave to cool before cutting them into squares.