C is for COW with this fun newspaper cow craft. This cow craft is made using our free printable, a recycled breakfast cereal box, and a page from an old newspaper. The perfect craft for animal lovers of all ages. As is the case with many of our kid’s crafts this newspaper cow is easy to adapt to suit all ages and can be made with alternative materials. It is simple and lots of fun to make!
To extend the farmyard fun we have included a cute C is for Cow coloring printable. Free for you, just click the link at the bottom of this page to either print or save for later use.
Newspaper Cow Craft
This post contains affiliate links. These links add no cost to you but we earn a commission through linked sales. This helps us to keep diyThought running. Thank you for your support!
This newspaper cow craft is a simple and fun recycled craft. We used a breakfast cereal box as the base of this craft and the spots have been added using newsprint. If you are short on newspaper then an old magazine, wrapping paper, or craft paper would be a great alternative. You can adapt this craft, make it easier by keeping it on paper or harder by tracing around the cow printable onto card and adding in all of the extra details yourself. Color the cow using pens, pencils, or paint. We suggest making the most of whatever you have already at home.
You Will Need
These are the items that we used for this Newspaper Cow Craft. Adapt the craft to suit your needs and resources you have at home. Young children will enjoy simply coloring the cow and adding on newspaper spots while older children can cut out the cow shape and get creative with customizing their cow.
- Free cow printable (below)
- Cardstock or recycle a breakfast cereal box
- Paints or pencils
- A pen
Free Cow Printable
Print out the cow image below and use it to complete this newspaper cow craft. You can enlarge or reduce the size of the cow under your printer settings. No printer? Don’t worry you can draw your own! Check out this How To Draw A Cow tutorial, by Easy Drawing Guides.
Let’s Get Crafting
- Start by gathering all of your supplies. We used our free cow printable, an old breakfast cereal box, a piece of newspaper, scissors, gluestick, and watercolor paints.
2. Quickly cut the excess paper away from around your cow and set the scrap paper aside. This doesn’t have to be done neatly as you will cut the cow out shortly. Apply the glue to the entire backside of the cow printable. Stick the printable onto the card/ cereal box making sure all of the edges are well stuck.
3. Using scissors cut around the cow. You will now have a cow cut out ready to decorate.
4. Add some color to your cow! We used watercolor paints which we love as they dry very quickly but pencils, crayons or similar will all work well. Once your cow is dry you are ready to add some spots.
5. Place a scrap of paper from your cut out cow printable ontop of the cow and trace the shape of each spot.
6. Cut out the spots and use as a template to draw around to make the newspaper spots. Cut around each newspaper spot.
7. Glue the spots in place. Add any final details that you feel would complete your cow.
C c is for cow and this fun coloring page. Simply click the link below to print or to save for later use.
Other Fun Recycled Crafts
- Newspaper Lion Craft. Make a lion from newspaper and yarn. A great low-cost lion craft.
- Recycled Collage Sun Craft. Use our free sun template and collage it with all sorts of recycled yellow items.
- Letter M Mermaid Milk Jug Craft. A fun art activity using Sharpie pens and an empty milk jug.
- Recycled Box Glitter Frames. Make a glittery frame from an old cardboard box.
Have more farmyard learning fun with our Farm Animal Learning Puzzles. Free for you to print out and use. They each feature a different animal with the name of the animal underneath. Kids can color them before they get turned into a fun learning puzzle.
Thank you for stopping by. We hope you enjoyed this newspaper cow craft today!