I love these no bake muesli bars as they are so simple to make and taste pretty good. The combination of peanut butter and honey is super yummy! A big bonus is that you can easily adapt the recipe to suit whatever ingredients you have on hand in your pantry. Oh and of course they don’t need cooking in the oven so that is a win for me!
I found this recipe over on Bake Play Smile and adapted it slightly to suit our household. I make these gluten free however if you don’t need to follow a gluten free diet then just use your regular muesli or even just rolled oats like in the original recipe. I have also added coconut because coconut makes everything taste better! Topped with chocolate these satisfy my chocolate cravings while not being over the top chocolaty.
No Bake Muesli Bars- Gluten Free
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbs butter
- 2 cups gluten free muesli breakfast cereal. If you don’t have muesli then mix together 2 cups other cereals such as Rice Bubbles, Cornflakes, Rolled Oats, then add some rasins, dried apricots etc.
- ½ cup GF corn flakes or GF rice bubbles.
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds or other nuts
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dried fruit
- sprinkling of chocolate chips
- Grease and line a standard sized 17X28cm rectangular baking tray with baking paper, allowing the edges to overhang.
- Place the muesli breakfast cereal, rice bubbles or cornflakes, nuts, coconut, and dried fruit large bowl. Mix to combine.
- In a small saucepan, bring the peanut butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla essence and butter to a boil (stirring continuously).
- Reduce the heat and simmer (while stirring) for 2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the dry ingredients and mix really well.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tray and press down.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and then press down with the back of a spoon.
- Place the tray into the fridge for 2 hours.
- Take out and cut bars.
- Place the bars into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You really can adapt this to your tastes. If you don’t like dried fruit, then leave it out and put in extra nuts. Don’t like coconut (really?!?) then leave it out and add extra muesli. All you need is the the correct amount of liquid to dry ingredients and it will be great!